Teaching Social Skills to Individuals Diagnosed with Autism
Benefit by introducing social skills!
This course is well suited and recommended for anyone that knows or works with children on the spectrum. Dr. Joyce Tu, Ed.D., BCBA-D will teach you how to identify critical components to conduct and facilitate a social skills group. By using social skills stories and video modeling, you will then be able to identify descriptive autoclitics in verbal behavior.
You will learn how to:
- Learn the Basics of Reinforcement
- Schedules of Classroom and Individuals
- Setting up Individual and Group Token Economies and Contingencies
Topics covered include:
- Conducting a successful social skills groups
- Teaching social skills using social stories
- Video modeling to teach social skills
- Autoclitics and specific strategies to teach them.
Who should attend: This course is recommended for professionals who have basic background knowledge of behavior analysis, including prerequisite knowledge of verbal operants and interpreting research findings.
Questions? Contact us by emailing email@example.com
or call our offices at 1(321) 674-8382.
These workshops are presented in partnership between Florida Tech PDP ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc.